We are always working to be more sustainable
We want the best for the environment. To us, that means constantly challenging ourselves to find new ways in which we can utilise our scale to drive positive environmental change.
We are minimising the impact upon the environment by focussing on rethinking, reducing and recycling.
FSC® – Helping Our Forests
FSC® is an international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world‘s forests. Forests are under threat and disappearing at an alarming rate.
Deforestation accounts for more greenhouse gas emissions than the global transport sector. Finding a balanced way to both use and protect our forests has become critical.
Buoyant Upholstery Ltd follows the Chain of Custody (CoC) system to ensure it is compliant with FSC® criteria. As part of this procedure it is a policy of the company to avoid using timber products;
- That have been illegally logged/ harvested or from controversial sources.
- Wood harvested from forests where traditional and civil rights are violated.
- Timber products originating from threatened high conservation value old growth forests.
- Where there has been significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use.
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations.
- Violation of ILO Core Convention for fundamental principles and rights at work 1998. Through our documented procedures the company is committed to ensuring that the company’s CoC system is maintained. We will work closely with all of our suppliers to encourage greater use of the certified timber so that our continual improvement programme of including more certified products can be sustained.
The Company will work with its certification body to ensure that all criteria required by FSC® are met and that any non-conformances are corrected without delay.
Our zero to landfill pledge
100% of the waste generated in our factory is recycled with all waste going to local and national recycling companies.
Our objective is to divert waste from landfills and reduce the amount of harmful toxins and gases released into the atmosphere.
As a business we are constantly looking at ways to improve our manufacturing process which could have a positive impact on the environment.